Professional Development Fund Policy
Policy regarding the distribution of PD funds for individual member professional development.
- $9,600 has been budgeted for assisting members in the area of individual professional development including ABQ/AQ/University/College courses taken during the current school year. Summer courses will also be considered. Any member of the unit may be granted an amount up to $200 to take an ABQ/AQ/University/College course, with a maximum of $800 being distributed monthly, including July and August. (Monies not allocated each month will carry over to the next month.)
- Such funding will be limited to one PD grant per teacher per year for either attending a Conference/Workshop or taking an ABQ/AQ/University/College course.
- Applications must include proof of; a) Course registration b) Course payment c) Course completion.
a) completed application form (see website for form)
b) proof of Course Registration, Course Payment and Course Completion.
- Receipts must be submitted to receive payment.
- Only applications for courses ending in the current school year, by June 30th, will be considered. Courses ending on or after July 1 will be considered for the following budgetary year.
- Where requests for PD funds in any given month exceed the number of PD funds available, selection of applications shall take place as follows:
- Applicants who have not previously been granted funding will take priority over previous recipients of funding.
- If all other criteria are the same, first come, first served basis will prevail.
- On an bi-annual basis –at the Executive meetings in January and June – all complete applications that were denied will be reviewed and reassessed contingent upon surplus PD funds. Applications that were submitted before the deadline will be given priority.
- Following Executive approval, the member will receive an approval letter and an expense claim form. Those not approved will also receive a letter.
Updated Nov. 26, 2015